I ordered an expensive smartphone and Gear Best shipped it to France in a plastic envelop!No carton box except the smartphone where it is clear the product is a fancy smartphone.

What do you think happened? Someone involved in the delivery along the way from China to France noticed it was a smartphone package, grabbed a pair of scissors, cut open the envelop, opened the smartphone box, took the phone, and simply resealed the package with scotch tape. I recieved an empty box because it was so easy to steal the smartphone due to careless packaging in the first place (never seen this before). Worse : I paid an extra fee for delivery warranty / insurance (9 euros) but GearBest customer service told me (after 4 days) they would not send a replacement item or refund because they shipped the product but don't care at all if their customers recieved it and are satisfied or not.

Stay clear of this company : they are obviously not a serious business, wether in the way they ship expensive products or handle customer support.

Their prices are attractive, but paying for nothing is always a bad deal.Be warned.

Review about: Gearbest Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Many products competetive prices.

I didn't like: No respect of the paid warranty for delivery insurance, Worst costumer service ever.

Had an Experience with Gearbest?

Comments

stephenclifton59_18

A very similar thing happened to me - but Gearbest has agreed to reship my phone. As of today I have a working tracking number for the new shipment which is showing as "Pre-advised" with the courier. Hopefully everything will be OK.

I wish you luck with your case.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your comment.

Please note that we can be contacted by our Support Center or Live Chat.

We are available to contact 24 hours a day.

All messages will be replied to within 24 hours, so please rest assured Gearbest will get back to you.

Please send us any queries you have via our Support Center.

Could you please email to support@gearbest.com with the title pissedconsumer complaint from Review #1081974"?We look forward to hearing from you soon, Best regards, Gearbest Customer Service Center