Gearbest - Defective Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries.

Update added by user Mar 04

After many tries I was able to submit a support ticket on GearBest's support website and they responded after several days.They recognize that the batteries are defective, and their offered solution is to send the defective batteries back within 45-days (I pay postage) and they will send me replacement batteries or give me store credit.

This is not satisfactory to me since I don’t want to take a chance that I will receive more defective batteries, and store credit is not a refund since they keep my money and all I get is the opportunity to buy more junk from them (they win). Therefore, I will do the following:

1. Replace the connectors myself on the battery that seems to be otherwise ok,

2. Dispose of the battery that is dangerous to charge, keep around, or ship,

Never buy anything from GearBest again, and

4.Continue write bad review about my negative experience on several other websites.

Original review posted by user Feb 26

I received the two new Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries the other day from and they are both defective since one of the cells is swelling slightly and there is a 6mm cut through the silver cell wrapper visible through he clear outer wrapper (see attached photos). The clear outer wrapper is not cut so this is obviously a manufacturing defect. It would be dangerous to charge or return this battery through the mail.

Also, when I tried to charge the second battery, I found that the HXT 4mm connectors on the new batteries don't fit the HXT 4mm connectors on my charger, Watt meter, Y connector, UAV, etc. All of my existing equipment is from different manufacturers, but each of them assembled their HXT 4mm connectors the same way. The pins of the Floureon batteries received from GearBest are inserted into the red plastic connector housing using the wrong polarization. In other words, the pins are on the right wires, but they were inserted into the wrong sides of the red plastic housing so that the battery's HXT connector doesn't fit the HXT connectors on my equipment. Both of the batteries received are the same in this regard.

GearBest's support website isn't working. I've tried to submit support tickets concerning this several times, but each time I received an error msg and no ticket resulted. Their live chat also doesn't work.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Damaged items and useless customer service

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Replace the batteries with batteries that aren't defective, and fix your support ticket system.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Floureon Lipo Rechargeable Battery
Review category
Gadgets and Accessories
review #798233 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gearbest? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 24 #1231181

Dear customer,
We're extremely grateful for your constructive feedback.
I want to start by apologizing unreservedly to you for what has happened. It is never our intention to upset any customer.
Please kindly note that we offer a 45 days return warranty to return the product for a refund or exchange here
For your issue, please contact us on our support center here
Please rest assured that we will resolve it for you. Thank you for your understanding and support. Gearbest Customer Service

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.