Gearbest - Defective Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries.
Update added by user Mar 04, 2016
After many tries I was able to submit a support ticket on GearBest's support website and they responded after several days.They recognize that the batteries are defective, and their offered solution is to send the defective batteries back within 45-days (I pay postage) and they will send me replacement batteries or give me store credit.
This is not satisfactory to me since I don’t want to take a chance that I will receive more defective batteries, and store credit is not a refund since they keep my money and all I get is the opportunity to buy more junk from them (they win). Therefore, I will do the following:
1. Replace the connectors myself on the battery that seems to be otherwise ok,
2. Dispose of the battery that is dangerous to charge, keep around, or ship,
Never buy anything from GearBest again, and
4.Continue write bad review about my negative experience on several other websites.
Original review posted by user Feb 26, 2016
I received the two new Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries the other day from GearBest.com and they are both defective since one of the cells is swelling slightly and there is a 6mm cut through the silver cell wrapper visible through he clear outer wrapper (see attached photos). The clear outer wrapper is not cut so this is obviously a manufacturing defect. It would be dangerous to charge or return this battery through the mail.
Also, when I tried to charge the second battery, I found that the HXT 4mm connectors on the new batteries don't fit the HXT 4mm connectors on my charger, Watt meter, Y connector, UAV, etc. All of my existing equipment is from different manufacturers, but each of them assembled their HXT 4mm connectors the same way. The pins of the Floureon batteries received from GearBest are inserted into the red plastic connector housing using the wrong polarization. In other words, the pins are on the right wires, but they were inserted into the wrong sides of the red plastic housing so that the battery's HXT connector doesn't fit the HXT connectors on my equipment. Both of the batteries received are the same in this regard.
GearBest's support website isn't working. I've tried to submit support tickets concerning this several times, but each time I received an error msg and no ticket resulted. Their live chat also doesn't work.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Damaged items and useless customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Replace the batteries with batteries that aren't defective, and fix your support ticket system.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Floureon Lipo Rechargeable Battery
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a lot of orders and they were sent out within 24 hours. They have a great variety of products, we can buy cellphones, tablets, accesories, electronics, tools, smartwatches, etc. They..."
- "I ordered and received a Doogee F5 via order number W1603291537215733. I had paid for courier, so got the goods within 5 working days. So far so good. I could..."
- "I have never had problems with my orders. All problems can be solved quickly in 1-2 days technical support shop. What I liked? 1. Easy and secure payment system. 2. A..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "I write to introduce our financial services to you. I am a direct mandate to a Financial Institution who is also known as private lender specialized in the Lease and..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Horribly disappointed in every aspect of my experience. They destroyed the carpet so badly that it just needs torn out and replaced now, when it was so nice before! The..."
- "When my husband booked the Comfort Inn hotel stay this website represented itself as the hotel. Meanwhile, we were charged $129+ more than the actual hotel rate. ..."
- "This was my first and last experience with Allegiant Air, and if you are reading this, that means that I actually survived the flight, so that will be the only..."