Update added by user Mar 04
After many tries I was able to submit a support ticket on GearBest's support website and they responded after several days.They recognize that the batteries are defective, and their offered solution is to send the defective batteries back within 45-days (I pay postage) and they will send me replacement batteries or give me store credit.
This is not satisfactory to me since I don’t want to take a chance that I will receive more defective batteries, and store credit is not a refund since they keep my money and all I get is the opportunity to buy more junk from them (they win). Therefore, I will do the following:
1. Replace the connectors myself on the battery that seems to be otherwise ok,
2. Dispose of the battery that is dangerous to charge, keep around, or ship,
Never buy anything from GearBest again, and
4.Continue write bad review about my negative experience on several other websites.
Original review posted by user Feb 26
I received the two new Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries the other day from GearBest.com and they are both defective since one of the cells is swelling slightly and there is a 6mm cut through the silver cell wrapper visible through he clear outer wrapper (see attached photos). The clear outer wrapper is not cut so this is obviously a manufacturing defect. It would be dangerous to charge or return this battery through the mail.
Also, when I tried to charge the second battery, I found that the HXT 4mm connectors on the new batteries don't fit the HXT 4mm connectors on my charger, Watt meter, Y connector, UAV, etc. All of my existing equipment is from different manufacturers, but each of them assembled their HXT 4mm connectors the same way. The pins of the Floureon batteries received from GearBest are inserted into the red plastic connector housing using the wrong polarization. In other words, the pins are on the right wires, but they were inserted into the wrong sides of the red plastic housing so that the battery's HXT connector doesn't fit the HXT connectors on my equipment. Both of the batteries received are the same in this regard.
GearBest's support website isn't working. I've tried to submit support tickets concerning this several times, but each time I received an error msg and no ticket resulted. Their live chat also doesn't work.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Damaged items and useless customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Replace the batteries with batteries that aren't defective, and fix your support ticket system.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Floureon Lipo Rechargeable Battery
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Impossible to get a hold of them! the contact page is down, wont accept any messages, they ignore me on facebook, wont take my calls or emails, and are just..."
- "I bought this it it took 2 weeks fine price was 12.60 when i purchased it its now 19.99 anyway fishy right i open the box put batteries in the..."
- "I bought a Onda tablet (already own 2, which are usually a food deal). I received it with the touchscreen not working (see attached picture, hardware failure) They proposed..."
- "Conquest trailer built 5/2007 and put in service 9/2007. At 400 miles first tire blows. Tires continue to blow at a rate of about once a month. Learned axle improperly..."
- " May 20, 2013, 8:36 a.m. EDT MyMedicalRecords Files Patent Infringement Complaint Against Jardogs, a Subsidiary of Allscripts LOS ANGELES, CA, May 20, 2013 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- MyMedicalRecords, Inc...."
- "Purchased two couches in June 2015 a month later the foam was collapsing the sales person talked us into memory foam sent a company called Saw to put in two..."
- "I actually had an ok experience. You HAVE to read the fine.print. You HAVE to read the ordering instructions... ALL of them. You HAVE to order WAY ahead of time..atleast a month before..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."