100% full Not resolved
2.4

My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be.

I suspect a hidden agenda.Gearbest accepted my payment and I actually signed a Visa verification form which needed a password.

Visa never would have approved the order if none of the shipping and home address information was not correct. Yet, Bestgear singled me out for this egregious verification protocol asking photo of my drivers license. I don't drive because I have a disability that makes driving impossible. A copy of my utility bill which I don't get because I have autopay.

And other forms of visual proof that I am who I say I am. This is entirely egregious. I've never been asked for this extra verification for the the hundreds of items I've bought online from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Apple, etc. This company operates out of China and when I've tried several times to connect via chat I always get a notice "We're too busy to chat right now.

Try again later." The truth is they don't have a chat option.Now they have my money and don't know if I'll ever get it back despite their claims of refunds and guarantees.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "inappropriate demand or visual proof of my identity. i have visa verification service that won't let a transaction go through unless info provided vendor matches visa records.crippled no drivers license.utilities on autopay-no paper bills." of gearbest customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Gearbest needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gearbest customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gearbest.

Had an Experience with Gearbest?

Comments