Gearbest - Demanded several proofs of identity for verification for no reason

192 of 814 Gearbest reviews

My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be.

I suspect a hidden agenda.Gearbest accepted my payment and I actually signed a Visa verification form which needed a password.

Visa never would have approved the order if none of the shipping and home address information was not correct. Yet, Bestgear singled me out for this egregious verification protocol asking photo of my drivers license. I don't drive because I have a disability that makes driving impossible. A copy of my utility bill which I don't get because I have autopay.

And other forms of visual proof that I am who I say I am. This is entirely egregious. I've never been asked for this extra verification for the the hundreds of items I've bought online from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Apple, etc. This company operates out of China and when I've tried several times to connect via chat I always get a notice "We're too busy to chat right now.

Try again later." The truth is they don't have a chat option.Now they have my money and don't know if I'll ever get it back despite their claims of refunds and guarantees.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Inappropriate demand or visual proof of my identity. I have Visa Verification Service that won't let a transaction go through unless info provided vendor matches Visa records.Crippled no drivers license.Utilities on autopay-no paper bills.
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Inflatable Folding Sleeping Lazy Bag For Outdoor Camping
Review category
Other
review #856212 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Gearbest? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
192 of 814 Gearbest reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.