Gearbest - Demanded several proofs of identity for verification for no reason
My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be.
I suspect a hidden agenda.Gearbest accepted my payment and I actually signed a Visa verification form which needed a password.
Visa never would have approved the order if none of the shipping and home address information was not correct. Yet, Bestgear singled me out for this egregious verification protocol asking photo of my drivers license. I don't drive because I have a disability that makes driving impossible. A copy of my utility bill which I don't get because I have autopay.
And other forms of visual proof that I am who I say I am. This is entirely egregious. I've never been asked for this extra verification for the the hundreds of items I've bought online from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Apple, etc. This company operates out of China and when I've tried several times to connect via chat I always get a notice "We're too busy to chat right now.
Try again later." The truth is they don't have a chat option.Now they have my money and don't know if I'll ever get it back despite their claims of refunds and guarantees.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Inappropriate demand or visual proof of my identity. I have Visa Verification Service that won't let a transaction go through unless info provided vendor matches Visa records.Crippled no drivers license.Utilities on autopay-no paper bills.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Inflatable Folding Sleeping Lazy Bag For Outdoor Camping
- Gearbest Customer Care
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received the two new Floureon 14.8v 5,000mAh LiPo batteries the other day from GearBest.com and they are both defective since one of the cells is swelling slightly and there..."
- "I purchased a Tarantula X6 drone and a separate Fpv camera from the gearbest site for the tarantula X6 drone. On arrival I plugged the camera in and it blew the..."
- "in december i order two dqg led lights, along with two separate chargers. the lights and chargers arrive in january 2016. to my disappointment, they are without batteries. of course,..."
- "Early in November,I ordered a hoodie from Tee Chip.It was meant to be a gift for a dear friend. Supposedly the Post Office attempted to deliver it,but my friend never..."
- "I have tried three times to book a car through Costco car rental online reservations. Each time, I choose the car, go through the booking process, and check all the..."
- "Had a very bad experience witj orkin elk Grove Village IL service. Not at all professional. The manager was not helpful at all rather in support of the..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."