Gearbest - Demanded several proofs of identity for verification for no reason
My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be.
I suspect a hidden agenda.Gearbest accepted my payment and I actually signed a Visa verification form which needed a password.
Visa never would have approved the order if none of the shipping and home address information was not correct. Yet, Bestgear singled me out for this egregious verification protocol asking photo of my drivers license. I don't drive because I have a disability that makes driving impossible. A copy of my utility bill which I don't get because I have autopay.
And other forms of visual proof that I am who I say I am. This is entirely egregious. I've never been asked for this extra verification for the the hundreds of items I've bought online from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Apple, etc. This company operates out of China and when I've tried several times to connect via chat I always get a notice "We're too busy to chat right now.
Try again later." The truth is they don't have a chat option.Now they have my money and don't know if I'll ever get it back despite their claims of refunds and guarantees.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Inappropriate demand or visual proof of my identity. I have Visa Verification Service that won't let a transaction go through unless info provided vendor matches Visa records.Crippled no drivers license.Utilities on autopay-no paper bills.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Inflatable Folding Sleeping Lazy Bag For Outdoor Camping
- Gearbest Customer Care
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have bought so many times by GEARBEST and I must say it is a great service. This time I buy XiaoMi Redmi 3 16GB ROM 4G Smartphone Order No.:WP1603261013586978..."
- "I bought 5 men shirts clothes from Gearbest. When I received the clothing after a moth, I noticed it comes from China Brands. I understood that Gearbest is dropshipping. It's..."
- "On March 14th I ordered a Cube i7 Tablet that was offered for $304 from gearbest, naturaly I added a stylus and a keyboard to the order. Friday March 18th, I..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "mediacom can literally not get a single *** thing right, and i'm almost certain the company is ran by a trained group of monkeys. im mean seriously, you can't get..."
- "We recently booked, and got confirmation back from AirBnB about a place we were planning to stay in Dunedin, Florida. The $1,606 in fees were immediately charged to our debit..."
- "I was scheduled to travel on Wednesday May 11th 2016 at 8.45pm from Minneapolis. The supervisor told me that I could not board the bus because I had an extra..."