2.0

THE GEARBESTS "WARRANTY" IS NOT WOTH THE PIXELS IT IS WRITTEN IN! THEY HOLD YOUR WARRANTY REPAIRED ITEM AND DEMANDS A RANSOME TO RELECE IT TO YOU!

YOU LOOSE NO MATTER WHAT! I bought a CUBE Iwork 12, a 12,2” Windows tablet from Gearbest as a gift for my wifes birthday. She liked it a lot and after a slow start (she´s not used to computers) she begun using it more or less on a daily basis, With only small issues, like that the Iwork 12 started losing its connection to our fully functioning wi-fi. The first day it took a reboot and the Wi-Fi worked again.

The very next day the iwork 12 did not start at all, so hence I recorded the video that the seller, Gearbest, asked for. I received a RMA-number and was told to post the device back to Gearbest for repair, since the device was (what I believed) covered by Gearbests warranty, a warranty of 1 year according to their webpage. Now That was *** of me! I did resend the Iwork 12 on the 3 of march, and noticed Gearbests support this via their support web.

“At 03/13/2017 07:17:28 CST HI! I would like to inform you that I sent the parcel as regular letter on the Friday 3 of mars. “ And the time went by so on the At 04/06/2017 I asked if they had received my return? So I get the reply that says they had received my return, and where to sent it to their supplier to be repaired “Gearbest Customer Support At 04/07/2017 09:25:12 CST Dear Thomas, Thank you very much for your order with Gearbest.

We have check it for you, we have received your return item. But we need to send the item to our supplier to repair it. They need some time to repair it, please kindly wait 10-25 business days. Thank you for your patience and kind support.

Best Regards Erica Gearbest Customer Service http://www.gearbest.com/ Now this is where it gets interesting… Gearbest support recognizes my return of my broken Iwork 12 and they admit they will send it to their supplier.. That mean they recognize my warranty, All I should do is to wait for 10 to 25 business days! And the time flyes by… until: 05/16/2017 when I decide to ask how things are going… “*My name* At 05/16/2017 06:44:13 CST Hi! Now it gone like an month, and I have not yet received any confirmation that my RMA has been received or are in service yet: RMAnr: ******* Have the service received my Iwork 12 or not?

Is there som work undergoing or is it already sent back to me?? Best regards: *My name* My order number ****** / RMA number is ******” Note the time that has gone by with NO COMMENT FROM GEARBEST AT ALL. I had to initiate communications myself. That’s when I get what seems like a ransom note: “Gearbest Customer Support At 05/17/2017 11:32:34 CST Dear Thomas, We have received your returned item, thank you.

After inspecting it carefully with our technicians, we regret to inform you that this item cannot be repaired. By way of compensation, we would like to offer you 2 options: Option 1- Refund to your Gearbest Wallet as store credit. We can refund you to your Wallet 100 USD and exceptionally offer you extra points(E.g. If your refund is 1 USD = 2 points, 3 USD = 6 points etc.).

You will receive this refund within 24 hours. You can use this credit for future purchases on our website. Learn more about wallet benefits : http://www.gearbest.com/about/gb-wallet.html Learn more about points benefits : http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html (Check this one->)Option 2- Repay a small fee for a resend. We kindly ask you to pay us 180 USD and we will resend a new item to you.

( Option 2- Repay a small fee for a resend. We kindly ask you to pay us 180 USD and we will resend a new item to you. If you choose this option we will send you a PayPal invoice for the payment in the next email. “ I am sorry, but since you claim to have 1 years warranty, (that i was forced to use since the item i received ended up dead soon after arrival) i must reject to paying anything more than shippingcosts via airmail to receive a new item.

The new item is within the warranty itself! (Thats what a warranty is for) so I will NOT PAY TWICE for an article that I have already payed for. Specially NOT since you have not informed me in due time after receiving my broken tablet! (That should be shameful for you to behave like that!) And since you claim to have a new item to send to me, send me that one, I will accept to pay (via paypal) for the return shipping via airmail with a trackingnumber!

My e-mail adress for the return shipping invoice is: *My email* Regards, *Name and adress*” As you se in the original thread that i was upset and made several spelling errors and did not read the reply to correct any errors, but i think never the less that it is clear that I claimed my warranty, and that I accept to pay for return shipping via airmail with a tracingnumner! (at least it seems so to me) And please note that I have no idea if they have actually repaired my Iwork 12 or not! As far as I can see, if it really was NOT able of being repaired, would not GearBest had told me that as soon as they found out??? Now they let a MONTH pass by with no comments or interaction at all from GearBest side!

So on the: 05/18/2017 I get a confusing reply as: “Gearbest Customer Support At 05/18/2017 09:43:34 CST Dear Thomas, Thank you very much for your order with Gearbest. Your item is passed 45 days money back warranty, so you need to charge the return shipping fee by yourself. Since you item can't be repaired, so we give you the solution that how to solve this problem. Please kindly check it and tell us your decision.

Thank you for your patience and kind support. Best Regards Erica Gearbest Customer Service http://www.gearbest.com/ “ Have I ever asked for a “money back” = NO! I asked them to resend me either my repaired item or a replacement, and they may send me the invorice for return shipping via registered airmail. The 45 day money back warranty is a part of their warranty, but after these 45 days they are supposed to either repair the item or replace it with a similar item.

SO WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT! And as you may understand I am beginning to get angry, so on the: 05/18/2017 I reply to them: “Thomas Ekström At 05/18/2017 03:43:57 CST How do I know that my iwork12 cant be repaired? Does not your technicians know how to change a motherboard or a screen?? What I cannot understand is that: You told me yourself, that you have a Iwork 12 to send to me, so WHY WOULD YOU ASK ME FOR A PAYMENT OF 180USD, when I am covered by your 1 year warranty??

Usually a 1 year Warranty means that if the item I bought breaks down due to some error, built in from the factory during the time the warranty is active, the item are either to be repaired or replaced WITHOUT ANY CHARGE? (I am fully willing to pay for the return shipping! But I will not pay for a replacement devise that is covered by your own warranty) To me, and the lawyer I consulted, it sounds like you are keeping my repaired Iwork12 as a hostage and demand a ransom from me?? We are both very eager to know if that is true?

I am sure you could easily guess what kind of negative news that could cause if that, the acting upon your part, was spread all over the internet? Do you think people would ever buy from Gearbest again?? Really!! The news that gearbests so called “warranty” means that you repair the broken item and then hold that as a hostage for a ransom!

That is what it sounds like when you act upon the way you are communicating toward me! Are you really willing to have that news spread all over the internet!! For an item that is covered by your own warranty! So PLEASE!

DO NOT REPLY WITH A RANSOM NOTE AGAIN! Send me the invoice for the cost of the return shipping via registered airmail! I will pay that invoice, if you are kind enough to send me back a fully functioning Iwork 12 the way a warranty is supposed to work! *My email*” And as you can see I made my point very clear: I have a warrant (they confirmed that on the 04/07/2017 09:25:12 CST where they accepted my return and had to problems sending it to their supplier for repairs) So WHY DO GEARBEST DEMAND A WHAPPING 180USD TO RESED ME MY REPLACEMENT ITEM???????

The replacement itself is supposed to be covered by gearbest so called “Warranty”. And as I say in the reply, To me it looks like they are holding my repaired iwork 12 or its replacement as hostage and demands a ransom to send it back to me! Don´t you agree? The return shipping cost are not an object here, I have willingly asked to pay these myself to get the tracing option, the issue is that if they have accepted my returned package, that therefor must have been in order or they would claimed that the parcel was damaged etc.

upon their receiving it, The warranty itself is not issue here either, or they would not have given me their RMA. So the right of warranty is not the issue! SO WHY DOES GEARBEST REFUSE TO SEND ME MY IWORK 12 BACK TO ME UNLESS I PAY THEM A RANSOM OF A WHAPPING 180 USD!!!! Lets rethink this!

Have I as a customer done something wrong? Not as I can tell, I sent them back the dead Iwork 12 in its original packaging with all stuffing etc. still intact. I did pay for the return shipping costs..

and Gearbest did not complain on any damages on my returned package either, so the package must have been undamaged and gearbest did not complain on my rights to a warrant either! Therefore, I the customer, could not have done something wrong. Since GearBest claims to have a replacement item to send back to me, their supplier has replaced my “unrepairable” Iwork 12 with a new one, So that is not an issue itself! It seems like the supplier has not done anything wrong either.

My conclusion is that GEARBEST IS TO HOLD IN FAULT! GEARBEAT HOLDS MY WARRANTY REPAIRED REPLACEMENT AS HOSTAGE AND DEMANDS A RANSOM OF A WHAPPING 180USD TO RELESE THE HOSTAGED GOODS BACK TO ME! Now! Is that not a story to tell?

There must be thousands of citizen’s that have been in the same situation around the USA!

HOW MANY HAVE LOST THEIR PURCHASES BY NOT PAYING GEARBEST THEIR RANSOM?? With best regards,

Product or Service Mentioned: Cube Tablet 12 Tablet.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Gearbest Cons: So called warranty is a scam.

• bad warranty policy

Comments

Gearbest

Dear Customer ,

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your product.

Please note that most of our products come with a 45 day guarantee.

Could you please email to support@gearbest.com with the title “ pissedconsumer complaint from Review #1050311“?

We look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards, Gearbest Customer Service Center

@Gearbest

OH! in your reply you say:

"Please note that most of our products come with a 45 day guarantee.

After this time has passed, you may contact our Support Center for technical support."

But in all of these cases all you reply is "the item can not be repaired" Please pay 180USD for a replacement!"

A warranty means that the customer does not pay anything for a repair or if the item can not be repaired then a warrant mean you get a replacement WITHOUT PAYING ANYTHING FOR THE REPLACEMENT.

BUT NOT A GEARBEST, GEARBEST ALWAYS CLAIMS YOUR WARANTY ITEM TO BE "NOT REPARABLE" AND ALWAYS DEMAN A WHOPPING RANSOM TO SENT THE REPAIRED ITEM BACK!

Gearbest Reviews