Gearbest - Inaccurate Listing, Bad Customer Service, Terrible Policies
I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging, etc. All of the product photos on the listing show the headphones in the "off" mode which, as you can see from the attached picture, looks like a normal set of headphones.
Upon receiving the headphones, I was greeted by a product that lights up like a Christmas tree (2nd picture). My intention was to use these in a professional environment, but obviously these were intended for a college, or rave type of setting.
That said, I submitted a ticket wishing to return the headphones for a full refund, citing that the headphones were not described correctly, that the pictures didn't depict the product, and included pictures and screenshots of my own to support my case. All they did was repeat in 3 separate responses that the headphones were clearly not defective and that I couldn't return them. So I simply said "I want to invoke the 45-day guarantee policy" which states that if you're not satisfied for any reason, you can return it.
Their response was that I could return the product (but would need to cover shipping back to China myself) or take a $2 refund via Paypal. Since shipping on my own is going to cost upwards of $60 for a $15 purchase, I took the $2 and will be re-selling the headphones to some college kids somewhere.
The moral of the story is, check the reviews on the website, check the consumer reviews about Gearbest, like these. Make sure you're 100% positive that the listing shows what you're getting, otherwise you'll wind up with a decent product designed for something different than you were expecting, and the return policy is useless for anyone outside of Eastern Asia.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Bad product descriptions
- Inaccurate listings
- Hidden policies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Due to a problem with one of the motors of my quad JJRC X1 order W1602042158547387 (factory defective), then I had an accident and the quad was damaged, Gearbest shipping..."
- "Hello! I bought a phone, Meizu MX5 on October 11 2015 from www.gearbest.com, with 364 $ shipped from European warehouse. Even I bought it from European warehouse and I am from..."
- " I've purchased from Gearbest.com in March 04th, 2016 this Blue RC Car (model Wltoys A949)(http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_227253.html) but they just sent me a different Blue RC Car. So, I..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "Ordered goods and tracked my package through the UPS website. The package was transported by ground very quickly (OH to NH in a day), but then just stopped. My package..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."