I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging, etc. All of the product photos on the listing show the headphones in the "off" mode which, as you can see from the attached picture, looks like a normal set of headphones.
Upon receiving the headphones, I was greeted by a product that lights up like a Christmas tree (2nd picture). My intention was to use these in a professional environment, but obviously these were intended for a college, or rave type of setting.
That said, I submitted a ticket wishing to return the headphones for a full refund, citing that the headphones were not described correctly, that the pictures didn't depict the product, and included pictures and screenshots of my own to support my case. All they did was repeat in 3 separate responses that the headphones were clearly not defective and that I couldn't return them. So I simply said "I want to invoke the 45-day guarantee policy" which states that if you're not satisfied for any reason, you can return it.
Their response was that I could return the product (but would need to cover shipping back to China myself) or take a $2 refund via Paypal. Since shipping on my own is going to cost upwards of $60 for a $15 purchase, I took the $2 and will be re-selling the headphones to some college kids somewhere.
The moral of the story is, check the reviews on the website, check the consumer reviews about Gearbest, like these. Make sure you're 100% positive that the listing shows what you're getting, otherwise you'll wind up with a decent product designed for something different than you were expecting, and the return policy is useless for anyone outside of Eastern Asia.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Bad product descriptions
- Inaccurate listings
- Hidden policies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a USB fan/clock from a GearBest ad on facebook last month. While their website appears to be modern and efficient, it has been one of the worst..."
- "I bought a tablet on Gearbest.com and paid a fee to have my product to be delivered in 4-7 business days because I am leaving US to my home country..."
- "I purchased a Tarantula X6 drone and a separate Fpv camera from the gearbest site for the tarantula X6 drone. On arrival I plugged the camera in and it blew the..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "My family and I stayed from October 1, 2015 to October 3, 2015. My husband and I stayed in one room while the kids stayed in another. The first night..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."