Gearbest - Inaccurate Listing, Bad Customer Service, Terrible Policies
I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging, etc. All of the product photos on the listing show the headphones in the "off" mode which, as you can see from the attached picture, looks like a normal set of headphones.
Upon receiving the headphones, I was greeted by a product that lights up like a Christmas tree (2nd picture). My intention was to use these in a professional environment, but obviously these were intended for a college, or rave type of setting.
That said, I submitted a ticket wishing to return the headphones for a full refund, citing that the headphones were not described correctly, that the pictures didn't depict the product, and included pictures and screenshots of my own to support my case. All they did was repeat in 3 separate responses that the headphones were clearly not defective and that I couldn't return them. So I simply said "I want to invoke the 45-day guarantee policy" which states that if you're not satisfied for any reason, you can return it.
Their response was that I could return the product (but would need to cover shipping back to China myself) or take a $2 refund via Paypal. Since shipping on my own is going to cost upwards of $60 for a $15 purchase, I took the $2 and will be re-selling the headphones to some college kids somewhere.
The moral of the story is, check the reviews on the website, check the consumer reviews about Gearbest, like these. Make sure you're 100% positive that the listing shows what you're getting, otherwise you'll wind up with a decent product designed for something different than you were expecting, and the return policy is useless for anyone outside of Eastern Asia.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Bad product descriptions
- Inaccurate listings
- Hidden policies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered and received a Doogee F5 via order number W1603291537215733. I had paid for courier, so got the goods within 5 working days. So far so good. I could..."
- "I bought electronic cigarette liquid.Turkish customs sent it back to netherlands post and gearbest.I added to photos.It says undeliverable item.So sent it back. Gearbest lies it is on local post.I..."
- "I purchased a Tarantula X6 drone and a separate Fpv camera from the gearbest site for the tarantula X6 drone. On arrival I plugged the camera in and it blew the..."
- "Crackers were all broken in all 4 packs..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "I came across his resume online:http://www.indeed.com/r/bc990602143907d2Every word of it is nothing but lies. I have checked out his references and was told that every time he was at work he..."
- "All Arlo-NetGear cameras have an issue with the amount of milliamps "NEEDED" to keep them operating for the amount of time the company specifies them to. The cameras will..."
- "I have been using DHL for over 5 years, I have to admit that their non US service is great, once packages leave the US they get delivered on time...."