100% full Not resolved

I ordered a set of headphones. According to the description, there is ONE (1) LED light on the headphones, which is used to show when the headphones are on, charging, etc. All of the product photos on the listing show the headphones in the "off" mode which, as you can see from the attached picture, looks like a normal set of headphones.

Upon receiving the headphones, I was greeted by a product that lights up like a Christmas tree (2nd picture). My intention was to use these in a professional environment, but obviously these were intended for a college, or rave type of setting.

That said, I submitted a ticket wishing to return the headphones for a full refund, citing that the headphones were not described correctly, that the pictures didn't depict the product, and included pictures and screenshots of my own to support my case. All they did was repeat in 3 separate responses that the headphones were clearly not defective and that I couldn't return them. So I simply said "I want to invoke the 45-day guarantee policy" which states that if you're not satisfied for any reason, you can return it.

Their response was that I could return the product (but would need to cover shipping back to China myself) or take a $2 refund via Paypal. Since shipping on my own is going to cost upwards of $60 for a $15 purchase, I took the $2 and will be re-selling the headphones to some college kids somewhere.

The moral of the story is, check the reviews on the website, check the consumer reviews about Gearbest, like these. Make sure you're 100% positive that the listing shows what you're getting, otherwise you'll wind up with a decent product designed for something different than you were expecting, and the return policy is useless for anyone outside of Eastern Asia.

Review about: Headphones Bt816.

I liked: Inexpensive.

I didn't like: Customer service, Bad product descriptions, Inaccurate listings, Hidden policies.

2.6
Style and Design
Usability
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Headphones
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Terrible listing, poor customer service, awful policy / $20
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Gearbest?

Comments

Gearbest

Dear customer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please rest assured we will follow your issue and resolve this problem to your satisfaction.

Could you please give us your order number here?

You can send emails support@gearbest.com with the title "pissedconsumer complain+complain title+forwarding this email to reputation group" with your order number?.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,