Galati, Galati
100% full Not resolved

Hello!

I bought a phone, Meizu MX5 on October 11 2015 from www.gearbest.com, with 364 $ shipped from European warehouse. Even I bought it from European warehouse and I am from Romania, Europe, my phone came with Chinese menus and apps, not just in English or Romanian language. This was the 1st issue with the phone.

On 29th of January, the battery was around 43% and in a middle of a conversation the phone died. I pressed the power button, the home button, nothing happens. I left it to charge all night, it was still not working at all, it didn't seems to charge, it was not power on, it was not recognized by the laptop either when connected the USB port. I wrote the problem to www.gearbest.com support and they asked me about the problem once more.

I made a short movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSuuSig9gqo

After 5-7 days of not functioning, the phone finally started up. And after a factory reset it was functioning almost normally. It has restarted 2 times, completely surprising. The first time was connected to the car through Bluetooth, and shut it down without touch it. The second time, at evening has restarted without touch it again. The temperature of the phone was around 26 degrees. In fact was not restarting, was shutting down, because I powered up. Since then, the phone is shutting down 2-3 times per day, or from time to time "restart or shutting" down is appearing on screen and I have to cancel. The phone was not modded, not dropped, even I didn't update (because I can't understand what you say in Chinese and I don't know what is says).

The support of www.gearbest.com did nothing really, they just gave me this answer "If the problem is solved, please kindly close this ticket and rate our service. If your issue is still not solved yet, please leave your ticket open and kindly wait for our reply. Please do not submit multiple tickets about the same issue, it may delay our reply. For new question, please submit a new ticket (one topic = one ticket).Thank you for your understanding and patience. We will do our best to serve you" - completely childish and not professional...

The phone just stopped. Once again. On 10.02.2016, after almost 2 day of working.

It was charged 92%, it was without wireless or Bluetooth or 4g, just sitting on a table, the logo Meizu appears for a second then the phone just died. And now nothing happens when I press the power button, it is not detected by the usb. It is an issue just with my phone or with more than my phone? The phone worked perfect for almost 2 days, and today has stopped and shut it down 2 times, and the third was completely down...

It is abnormal that a phone "More than better" to stop functioning or function improperly after 3 months. I have other Chinese brands such as Lenovo or Elephone, but none with bad experiences like this. My experience with a phone "More than better" witch is poor and disappointing for now? The store is evading a real answer or solve my problem.

I opened a case to www.gearbest.com and they offered me 35$ to keep the defective phone or send it to them in China. I paid almost 50$ to buy it from European warehouse and now they said to send the phone for repair in China (but without giving a real address) and lose more than 2 months with shipping to and back from China.

I opened a case to www.paypal.com, hoping that they can do something better like pushing www.gearbest.com to give me an European address or refund me. This time www.gearbest.com offered 50$ to keep a defective phone. Is this a fuking joke, I thought? NO. And I refused and advance to claim on www.Paypal.com to refund me completely. The answer of www.paypal.com was that they will investigate and then will communicate with me for new evidences or something, until somewhere in 12 March: “In response to this claim, www.GearBest.com offered you a partial refund of 50,00 USD. You have denied this refund offer and as a result we will continue our review of this claim. We will review the facts of the case and carefully consider all the material before making a decision. We'll let you know if we require additional information from you, and will send you an email when a decision has been reached.”

But I was checking my status and believe it or now www.paypal.com closed my case and decided in favor of seller, without inform me or require “additional information from me: “After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The listing accurately described the item you received. We cannot grant claims based on buyer's remorse.” Seriously? This was a “carefully consider all the material before making a decision”

So: I paid 364$ for a phone, who is not functioning after 3 months, www.gearbest.com get the money, www.paypal.com get their fee, and I am holding a defective phone and also I am the bad guy with “remorse”.

So, in conclusion I have two advices for you all: NEVER buy ANYTING from www.gearbest.com (they will not give you any technical support) and NEVER PAY through www.paypal.com (if the item is not damaged when it came they will not help you)!

Best regards to all!

PS: I started yesterday the phone which was in his box since 14.02.2016, and it started. I used the factory reset one more time and then I reinstalled everything. The phone restarted 4 times. I expect today or tomorrow to be shut again. Does anyone know how to solve this or what it’s for sure?

Review about: Meizu Mx5 32Gb 4G Phablet.

I liked: Offer.

I didn't like: Customer support, Phone stopped working after 3 months, Refuse full refund or indicate an european service, Incompetent responses, Very worst customer service.

2.2
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $364
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Gearbest?

Comments

Gearbest

Dear customer,

Thank you so much for your precious feedback.We are always very grateful to hear from our customers.

First, I want to start by saying how sorry we are about this issue.

We offer 45 days money back warranty to return the item for a refund or exchange.

For more details, please check on our policy here http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Please contact us with your order number on our support center here http://www.gearbest.com/about/contact-us.html

We will check it for you.

Thank you for your support.Gearbest Customer Service

I got the same problem on 06.05.2016. Phone is the same mx-5 32gb. Bought it during my visit to Hong Kong on October 2015.