3.3
Style and Design
Usability

Ordered an item from gearbest that should have arrived within 3-7 business days shipped with DHL express. Tracking shows it still with DHL in Hong Kong almost 2 weeks later.

Contacted DHL Australia and DHL Hong Kong who said the sender failed to declare the lithium battery correctly and the sender has to pick it up and correct it before it can be shipped out. I tried to bring this to the attention of Gearbest 5 days ago. For the most part they just send me to a link of the tracking status which says "awaiting pickup by recipient as requested" location shown as hong kong, as if that means its fine and its on its way. I have told them multiple times they need call DHL not lookup the status tracking, but they dont listen or dont understand (or both).

I finally got them to say they will "lodge a claim with the shipping company" or some such but then when I asked for an update 2 days later the again sent me a link to the tracking status yet again (which is exactly the same as it has been from the beginning. My contact methods have been via the messenger service, the supporty centre and even a third party site they have a Representative on. All similar responses without any concrete action to resolve the issue that was their fault in the first place. I have also tried their online phone chat, but cant seem to get through.

The saga continues......

Never buy anything you aren't prepared to not actually receive from this company. cheap trinkets are fine, but avoid anything of actual value.

Review about: Gearbest Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments