Nalcrest, Florida
100% full Not resolved

Purchased a $49.99 smartwatch with magnetic charger. Charger was defective & would not charge watch after using the watch for 2 days. Gearbest support required that I send photos and video of defective charger. Gearbest finally deemed that the charger was defective & would issue a replacement to be shipped within 3-5 business and to be delivered within 10-25 business days after dispatch.

Over a month passed & I inquired about the progress. Someone who didn't take the time to read my inquiry & again requested a video and photos of the defective charger. I copied/pasted all previous correspondence back to them. They responded by saying they would reship the charger within 3-5 business to be delivered within 10-25 business days after dispatch.

Another 30 days passed. No charger in sight. I again inquired about the charger, pointing out that over 2 months had passed since my first inquiry. Their answer was "As there maybe delay between the real stock and website updates. I have checked with our warehosue it is really not in stock now. Please wait 7 business days more for your order,but the exactly date depends on our manufactuer....Thank you for your understanding and collaboration."

My response was "I am not being patient or understanding after this length of time. I am VERY disappointed with how my requests have been handled. There is no good reason why I do not have a working charger for my watch after over 2 months!! It should be in stock! Your customer service is terrible!"

Their response was "Thanks for your message.We empathise with your situation.

I have checked the stock of the item you have ordered, it is not in stock. We can not resend it for you. We can refund you instead USD 5 on your GB Wallet (store credit) and exceptionally reward you with extra points. You can use both your wallet and points to purchase your future products."

My answer to their offer was, "A $5 refund is not acceptable. Remember that I can not use the $49.99 watch that requires the charger. I will only be satisfied if I am refunded $49.99 to my Paypal account, the method used to pay for the product."

I am waiting to hear from them regarding refund for the product.

Review about: Oukitel A29 Smartwatch Phone.

I liked: Low prices.

I didn't like: Being robbed, Bad customer service, Inadequate issue resolution, Robo answers for support requests.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $50
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Gearbest?

Comments

Gearbest thus to be avoided. Coolicool appears have a similar, customer unfriendly support as judged from an issue with a Defect On Arrival Oukitel K6000 pro smartphone.

higbee

UPDATE: After 3 ridiculous partial refund offers, 2 1/2 months of unfulfilled promises, and a request that I close my Paypal dispute because it was "holding up" the progress of my claim with them, I finally got a full refund.Very surprised, actually, that they didn't try at least one more tactic to delay the refund.

They also asked that I delete all the negative reviews I have posted.Not gonna happen!

I truly hope none of my friends have to deal with a company like this!