Purchased a $49.99 smartwatch with magnetic charger. Charger was defective & would not charge watch after using the watch for 2 days. Gearbest support required that I send photos and video of defective charger. Gearbest finally deemed that the charger was defective & would issue a replacement to be shipped within 3-5 business and to be delivered within 10-25 business days after dispatch.
Over a month passed & I inquired about the progress. Someone who didn't take the time to read my inquiry & again requested a video and photos of the defective charger. I copied/pasted all previous correspondence back to them. They responded by saying they would reship the charger within 3-5 business to be delivered within 10-25 business days after dispatch.
Another 30 days passed. No charger in sight. I again inquired about the charger, pointing out that over 2 months had passed since my first inquiry. Their answer was "As there maybe delay between the real stock and website updates. I have checked with our warehosue it is really not in stock now. Please wait 7 business days more for your order,but the exactly date depends on our manufactuer....Thank you for your understanding and collaboration."
My response was "I am not being patient or understanding after this length of time. I am VERY disappointed with how my requests have been handled. There is no good reason why I do not have a working charger for my watch after over 2 months!! It should be in stock! Your customer service is terrible!"
Their response was "Thanks for your message.We empathise with your situation.
I have checked the stock of the item you have ordered, it is not in stock. We can not resend it for you. We can refund you instead USD 5 on your GB Wallet (store credit) and exceptionally reward you with extra points. You can use both your wallet and points to purchase your future products."
My answer to their offer was, "A $5 refund is not acceptable. Remember that I can not use the $49.99 watch that requires the charger. I will only be satisfied if I am refunded $49.99 to my Paypal account, the method used to pay for the product."
I am waiting to hear from them regarding refund for the product.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Low prices
What I disliked
- Being robbed
- Bad customer service
- Inadequate issue resolution
- Robo answers for support requests
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Oukitel A29 Smartwatch Phone
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Placed an order for some flashlights on Tues & paid by Mastercard, not PayPal. Got a call the next afternoon from Citibank Fraud Dept asking if I tried to use..."
- "i have orderer a few items on Gearbest.com, after 2 weeks the order haven't been dispatched yet so i have written a mesage on my order. The payment has been..."
- "Order number W1510052252172666. I ordered 5 watches, 2 sd cards and a repair tool kit for watches (to adjust the belt). I got 4 out of 5 watches and one of..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Well this huddle house in my town keeps changing owners over and over each one loosing more and more business it is awful!! We wait FOREVER EVERYTIME we go! They..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."
- "I bought a whirlpool washer and got arrested in the and I bought extended warranty and they won't fix it..."