Ballitoville, Kwazulu-Natal

I bought the I5 wristband online (Dec 28, 2015). At the time the site did not state that my order was processed and the site 'stalled.' I refreshed the screen and completed the order. I then received an email saying that I had ordered the item twice. Within 60 seconds I had contacted GearBest to cancel the duplicate order to which they advised me that the items had already been shipped out. Yeah Right.

(I bought two of the these watches as christmas presents two weeks earlier and it took over TWO weeks to 'ship out'). How convenient for GearBest...

I then noticed that after having contacted them that my online tracking of these two items had all of a sudden changed to 'shipped out.'

I received one of these items (from the 28 Dec purchase) late January. No sign of the 'duplicate' having arrived although the online tracking showed the same status for this 'lost' item as the item I had just received. I waited the maximum period and then sent a complaint that I had not received my item. I checked my tracking number with my post office and that the shipping address was correct (clearly I had already received my one order at the correct address so this was not the problem). GearBest customer support advised me that they would check with insurance as I obviously didn't want the order anyways and had asked them for a refund. Bare in mind that I had paid extra for tracking AND insurance on these items.

Its obviously mid March now. I have still not received the item and GearBest are doing their utmost best NOT to refund me. I asked them for my refund and they want to 'confirm reshipment.' When I let them no that under no circumstances do I want reshipment, that I want my full refund to my PayPal account, and that I will never shop at GearBest again I then got this response:

"We can refund you instead USD17.99 on your Wallet (store credit) and exceptionally reward you with extra points(e.g. If your refund is 1USD = 5 points ,3USD =3*5 points => get 15 points etc)

You can use both your wallet and points to purchase your future products."

I paid $21.34 for the item- tracking and insurance. What insurance??? What on earth am I 'assured' of? Why do they refuse to refund my PayPal account? Where on earth is consumer protection? There is obviously no recourse here as the support centre clearly have no interest in helping their customers. They have drawn this process out and have ignored my requests (and rights for that matter).

Besides the principle of the matter- I am South African and the rand to dollar conversion is really hefty so its a lot of money for me to lose.

I am beyond livid at this stage.

ketsebeth wrote the review because of problem with delivery at Gearbest. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $21 and wants Gearbest to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was no support for non received items. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gearbest i5 plus smart wristband for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gearbest?

Comments

Gearbest

Dear ketsebeth,

Thank you for your important feedback and for letting us about your experience with us.

From time to time with thousands of shipments there will be an occasional issue with shipping.Could you please send emails to support@gearbest.com with the title "pissedconsumer complain+Gearbest - Worst online purchase experience in my life!+forwarding this email to reputation group" with your order number?

We wish to follow your issue and check it for you.Please rest assured we will resolve it to your satisfaction.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,