Resolved
Style and Design
Usability

I have planned for a adventure trip in India from 20-07-16 and for that I ordered a Firefly 6S action camera from Gearbest on 04-07-16. At the time of order, it was shown that the product will ship between 07-07-16 to 13-07-16. Since I had very less time , I opted for the standard shipping (EMS ,3-7 days shipping) and paid 24$ extra to Gearbest so that I can get the camera before my trip.

After placing the order, when I contacted gearbest customer care, they told me that item will be shipped after 17-07-16 as that is not in stock and they gave me option to purchase other product which is in stock. As delivery before 20-07-16 was very critical for me, I opted for a 34 $ costlier camera ( SJ5000X) and paid extra 34$ to Gearbest on 06-07-16.

Then on 07-07-16 I received mail from Gearbest that my item has been shipped through the normal airmail (Netherland post with 25 days shipping time.

EVEN AFTER HIGHLIGHTING THE CRITICALITY OF THE ORDER AND PAYING EXTRA 24$ FOR EMS SHIPPING AND 34$ EXTRA FOR THE ITEM AVAILABLE IN STOCK, GEARBEST FAILED TO FULFILL THE ORDER REQUIREMENT. THEY HAVE NOT EVEN CONSIDERED CONTACTING ME BEFORE SHIPPING THE ITEM BY NORMAL POST.

When I informed them about this blunder, they started apologizing and told that since camera had batteries inside it cannot be shipped by EMS. Then I sent them the link to their shipping FAQ page in which it is clearly mention that batteries can be shipped by EMS.

When their lie was caught, they again started apologizing.

As the fault is entirely at their end and due to the blunder of shipping the item by normal post, I will not get the camera before my trip and it will be like a dead investment for me.

As the item is already shipped, I don't have any option now.

So I have requested them for refund of the extra payments of 24$ (Shipping) and 34$ ( For the available stock item).

They have agreed to refund the 24$ but refused to refund 34 $ even though the fault is entirely at their end.

I am attaching screenshot of my communication with gearbest customer care(Tickets) and hope anyone reading this can judge the situation themselves. Please don't purchase anything from this fraud website.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Delivery, Order handling and stupidity.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 11, 2016.

Comments

Gearbest

Dear sanket1851,

We are glad to hear that your case is resolved to your satisfaction. Thank you for updating us on it.

For any issues, you may send emails support.gearbest.com with the title "pissedconsumer complain+your order number+forwarding this email to complaint group".

We will continue serving you in the best way possible.

Best regards.