Yet Another Gearbest Foul Play
Update added by user Apr 09, 2016
4.9.16 - update
Yesterday I got a full refund and a compensation.
It was a bumpy road but eventually Lany the representative have managed to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.
Update added by user Mar 29, 2016
Alright, so here is what's going on with gearbest.
After I filed a dispute with PayPal, I had a more pragmatic guy to take care of my problems with gearbest (at least when it comes to words) but basically nothing happened, nothing at all, only stretching the time.
Yesterday I was told that I will receive a full refund and today not anymore, It seems like gearbest really really want my $387 without sending me the tablet.
Can you believe it?they sent me a $20 refund...
It's been 16 days since I paid them $387, I have to waste half an hour a day conversing with them and I will not have the tablet any time soon, I tried to order another one as I was kind of told that they will give me a full refund, but they are just pulling me by the nose.for some reason gearbest.com are turning this into a battle although I was very fair, the are trying to exhaust me.
tomorrow I will call paypal and start explaining to them about the situation, luckily I have everything carefully documented.
What A nightmare, I only wanted to buy a tablet...
Original review posted by user Mar 22, 2016
On March 14th I ordered a Cube i7 Tablet that was offered for $304 from gearbest, naturaly I added a stylus and a keyboard to the order.
Friday March 18th, I received a message that my order was delivered.
On Sunday I suddenly noticed that the receipt has a very low declared value and only two items with an unclear description.
I requested to know what is the reason for that and I was informed by the representative "Summer" that the Tablet is sold out and they only sent the keyboard and stylus (which are basically useless without the tablet), All that happens one week after my order and if I wouldn't ask, they wouldn't even bother to let me know.
Gear best if still offering the tablet for an even lower price today as you can see in the attached photos.
They probably got a big amount of accessories for the Cube i7 that they need to get rid of and this scam probably work well because most people probably find out only when they get the parcel and then it's too late to cancel.
The funny thing is that The representative keep telling me that the Item is "out of stock", "unavailable" etc, while throughout the whole time they keep offering it, today even lowering the price and claiming today to have 132 in stock.
This is fraud on a criminal level as they keep it up without even blinking.
Bware of this company!!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Complete disrespect and shortsited treat for its customers
- Them using fraudlent methods
- Reason of review:
- foul play
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cube I7 Stylus Tablet
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I really like Xiaomi products. I started to use them since their first power bank. When I saw new Xiaomi earphones I wanted to buy them so I ordered one..."
- "I have planned for a adventure trip in India from 20-07-16 and for that I ordered a Firefly 6S action camera from Gearbest on 04-07-16. At the time of order,..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "The hurricane wv (teays valley) store has the greatest employees of all speedways in our area. But i am legally blind. Once a month i get a hot chocolate using..."