3.3
Style and Design
Usability

GearBest, Bought a phone that arrived faulty. The touchscreen close to the top of the phone DOES NOT WORK AT ALL.

I was given an RMA# to send it back using standard post. However, NZ post told me that "According to New Zealand LAW", I cannot send any items with batteries in it using standard post. It has to be a courier service!!! The Gearbest support then told me to send it back anyway.

At the time I have another ticket for a faulty tablet that is opened with a RMA# ready to be sent back as well. Since both items are going to identical address and person, Gearbest reluctantly agreed to let me send the tablet and phone back in one parcel. Here is the problem. NZpost called me and say Chinese customs need the ordering details when I purchased the items so I have sent that to them.

Nothing happened for a few days, then I found out from NZ Post that they said the Receiver also needs to call DHL's customs clearance phone number in order to clear the parcel. They said ONLY the receiver can do the clearance. The sender CANNOT clear the parcel from the Chinese customs. If I can I would have already cleared it.

After contacting them several times via email, this is their reply (see below). I have opened a dispute with PayPal and will escalate this matter to PayPal. I have explicitly written in the customs declare box saying the items are a faulty phone and a faulty tablet. They are worthless and put down $10usd as the declared value.

Dear Andy, Thank you for contacting Gearbest. Taxes are charged by the Customs Office and country regulations are beyond our control. Customer is responsible for the clearance.

Thanks for your understanding and assistance. Best Regards Tiffany_Feng Gearbest Customer Service http://www.gearbest.com/ http://www.dhl.co.nz/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=2960408721&brand=DHL

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhans Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I sent back a phone for replacement as it arrived faulty. I also sent back a tablet in the same parcel for warranty. I want back a replacement phone and a working tablet..

I liked: Cheap and offers a lot of products.

I didn't like: No number to call when something goes wrong, Poor customer service, Replacement warranty a complete lie.

Comments